Champions for education & healthy families
Through its programs, The Belton Foundation strives to create experiences that broaden perspectives, attitudes and knowledge of families. The foundation is committed to transforming communities and impacting lives by raising funds and developing resources to support programs that empower youth and families.
Joyce F. Burke Academic Excellence Scholarship
Each year, the foundation provides educational scholarships for underprivileged youth. This year, the foundation will award (10) ten $500 scholarships to assist students in their educational endeavors. Funds can be used to supplement the cost for tuition, housing and books. Scholarships will be awarded to college-bound high school senior students, from Dallas/Fort Worth and surrounding areas, who would like to further their education.
Applications are submitted on-line and are due Saturday, April 1, 2023 for the 2022-2023 cycle. Applicants will be notified by
Monday, May 1, 2023 on the status of their application.
Supporting Documents Needed to apply:
- An official school transcript
- Must be a graduating senior in high school with a 3.0 or above GPA
- (1) One letter of recommendation (from a teacher or counselor)
- A personal essay (500 words or less) describing your educational goals and how this scholarship will help you achieve those goals
- An official letter of acceptance (on letterhead) from your accredited four-year university
- Applicants must be accepted to any accredited four-year university (and have proof in the form of an official letter on letterhead from the school)
- Applicants must be registered for Fall Semester of 2023 with at least a minimum of 12 hours
- Applicants must be residents of Dallas-Fort Worth (or surrounding areas in the Metroplex)
- Applicants must be available to meet at mutually determined time to receive their award